BitTaxer provides a standard CSV template that allows you to enter your data into the fields then upload the spreadsheet into the system.
BitTaxer Template Upload Instructions
- From the Dashboard (just under the "Import Transactions" section), or while in Guidance (once you have selected the "Download/Upload BitTaxer Template" option), click the Download Template button to save a copy of the BitTaxer Template to your PC.
- Open the template and enter (copy/paste) your transaction information into the following fields, AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS:
- Date: Should be formatted in the Coinbase Style: 2018-01-13 22:35:05. Note the 24-hour clock. Timezones are also supported: 2018-01-13 22:35:05 -0400.
- Transaction Type: Whether the transaction is a Buy, Sell, Gift, etc., the spelling must match the spelling exactly from the list below:
Due to the most recent US Tax Law changes, malicious loss is no longer applicable to transactions made on/after Jan. 1, 2018.
- Amount Transfer: Amount of Virtual Currency included in the transaction.
- Transfer Currency: The type of currency used in transaction. Transfer Currency columns should be entered using the short trading codes (e.g. BTC, ETH, LTC) of the coin recorded (or USD if applicable).
- Transfer Fee: Amount included in transaction as fee (enter 0 if there was no fee).
- Transfer Fee Currency: The type of currency used for Transfer Fee. Transfer Fee Currency columns should be entered using the short trading codes (e.g. BTC, ETH, LTC) of the coin recorded (or USD if applicable).
- Save the template as a CSV.
- Back to the Download/Upload BitTaxer Template section in BitTaxer and press the Choose File button.
- Select the CSV file you just created from your computer.
- Click the Upload Template button
Once the upload is complete, BitTaxer will update (Whether uploading from the Dashboard or Guidance) to show all uploaded transaction data.
screenshot of the BitTaxer Template Upload area in BitTaxer