There are two currently supported methods of importing your Coinbase Transactions into BitTaxer: OAUTH2 Access, and CSV Upload.
Type "Coinbase" into the Exchange field in the Exchange Import Module on the User Dashboard, or into the Exchange Import Module in Guidance. Once Coinbase is selected a button should appear labeled "Request API Access".
Clicking on the "Request API Access" button will send you to a Coinbase authorization screen, which allows you to log into Coinbase and approve BitTaxer access to your transaction history.
Once approved, you will return to the Exchange Import Module, where the button will read "Import from API" after authorization has taken place. Clicking this button will import your transactions to BitTaxer.
** Please note, the scope of access for the BitTaxer application is limited to 'read:' permissions, and we do not in any way request 'write:' permissions of any kind. BitTaxer cannot transact on your Coinbase Account. **
Supported Coinbase Reports
BitTaxer currently support of the following reports from Coinbase:
- Transaction History (Transactions Report)
- Buys, Sells, & Merchant Payouts (Transfers Report)
Downloading Coinbase CSV
- Log in to your Coinbase account with your computer
- Navigate to the Tools > Reports page
- Click on "+ New Report"
- To get the most accurate picture of cost basis:
- Select Type "Transaction History"
- Select Account (for whichever virtual currency you’d like to report on, Coinbase only allows one virtual currency per report)
- Select Time range "All History"
- Click on Create Report
- An excel spreadsheet will start downloading
- Repeat this process for all virtual currency wallets you have used to transact